Monday, February 21, 2022

Fun with words

I’m not sure when I created this post. It was an empty, untitled file. Now it’s 2-21-22. Which reminds me, tomorrow is Super Twos-day: Tuesday 2-22-22  

Before that came to mind, I was thinking I could easily place some words about Wordle here. 

The word game has become a simple pleasure. I’ve played 21 days, figuring out the puzzle in 2 to 6 tries each time. 

I like the simplicity & that there isn’t a deadline or time limit, other than having to play within the 24 hours the puzzle is available, and my own amount of time I’m willing to commit. 

As a word person, it gives me a sense of satisfaction each time each time I figure out the word. I’m hopeful I also will feel grateful for the challenge when I finally break my streak, as I know will happen, either through forgetting to play or not being able to solve the puzzle in the allotted six tries. 

As I commented in various Facebook posts, mostly in response to others: 


Response to a friend who broke her string 2-17-22: I’ve not been playing long. I’m kinda obsessed. I’m also prepared to be ok when my streak is over. I was quite surprised at how quickly I got hooked on Wordle. I wouldn’t even look to see what this mysterious thing was for about 2 weeks after I started seeing friends share. Then I took a peek, tried a puzzle — and I was hooked. For about a week I didn’t share my results. Now … My name is Pat & I am a Wordle addict!!


Response to another friend 2-20-22 (she said it looked like I had a great result on Wordle; getting it on second try): Yes, it appears to be. It’s a crazy combination of luck, patience, perseverance& fascination with words for me. If it had a time limit or deadline, I wouldn’t be interested.




No comments:

Post a Comment