Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An ordinary day

The first day of 2013 seemed very ordinary. My husband and I are going through a fairly boring stage of midlife. I feel confident it is just a stage. We aren't big on crowds or cold weather these days, plus we both are fighting off colds, as most people seem to be doing right now. So we stayed inside and watched football. 

Last year started off on a very high level of inspiration, with two new devotionals and  all kinds of optimism. Today is much more mundane. I have had to look beyond the surface and feel beyond the physical sensations to find things to be excited about and remind myself why I do think it will be a happy new year. 

I like it when a day such as this is filled with that high level of excitement and inspiration. I miss it when it's not. 

But of this I am confident: Great is God's faithfulness. I prayed and am praying for God's blessing on this year. It is unclear to me where He will lead this year, but I pray to respond in faith and love and with courage to His call.

No comments:

Post a Comment