Sunday, May 18, 2014

Vacation daze

Another vacation is drawing to a close too soon. There just never seem to be enough hours in my days, whether I am at work, on vacation or off for a weekend. 

And yet, I still believe God provides everything I need. So, there must be enough hours in my day. I come again to the conclusion that what I get done is enough, even though it doesn't seem  like it to me. God works through my weakness. I trust Him. 

The vacation highlights were grand: traveling with mom to Arkansas for a niece's wedding, then to see other relatives and taking mom home to Texas. On Friday, I went to a journalism conference that I likely would not have taken off work to attend, but since I was on vacation, I went. (That may hold a clue to why I run out of time on vacation and feel the stress returning as the time to go back to work nears.) I did rest some and catch up on a few things, but not as much as I would have liked. And of course, my hope was that I would actually get ahead on some things. That did not happen.

I'm not complaining. I am acknowledging. Facing the reality. Admitting is the first step. Hopefully I won't sit on this step too long before taking more positive action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment