Sunday, May 4, 2014

Just give it to Him ...

My thought from the past week is that it just doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day. But of course there are. I think my biggest struggle in life is time management, and that starts with decision making -- or, more accurately, my chronic indecision. 

As with everything else, I just have to stay focused on God. I believe the words of Scripture, which assure me that there is no reason for me to worry or be afraid. God is with me -- guiding, strengthening and loving me. He meets all of my needs. He always has and always will. And as if that isn't enough, He also continues to surprise me with unexpected and even more undeserved delights. (Sunshiny days for walks; recognition on the job and beyond for my work; a CD of timeless Gospel music treasures from a dear saint -- who I had no idea was just days away from his heavenly home-going.)

I wish I knew what to do to become less self-centered and worrisome and more focused on relating to and helping others. I truly pray for guidance on this, daily. In my eyes, I come up so short. I am grateful for Scriptures and devotionals that remind me there is nothing I could do  to make God love me more or love me less. Does that mean my poor decision making and inability to manage my time  concern me more than they concern God? That would seem to be the case. And it isn't that He doesn't care. It's just that those are not the most important things to Him. He wants my heart. He wants my love. He wants my weaknesses.  He wants my trust.

 Why is it so hard to just give it to Him? And still He could not love me more or less. I am humbled, blessed, grateful. Lord, please help me know and do Your will, to Your glory. I love You. I trust You.  I thank You. 

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment