Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Am I a liar?

In trying so hard to follow the biblical principle of giving thanks in all things, I fear I'm being dishonest. 

All kinds of slogans and mantras come to mind, including fake it until you make it. 

I wish I could embrace the example set forth by Paul: "But He said to me, 'My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.' Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!" (2 Corinthians 12:9 amp)

I feel so very week sometimes. But it seems like people are expected to put on a good face. Don't let my pain or despair show. After all, compared to so many people, my problems are very minimal.

But I was reminded tonight of a delicate balance. 

I don't want to get stuck in negative feelings. But it also doesn't work to deny those feelings. I don't have to display my pain or frustration, but I do need to feel it. 

That's honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment