Saturday, September 10, 2016

Lacking in nothing

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. —PROVERBS 3:5–6

I'm keeping on keeping on, trusting in the Lord, acknowledging Him privately if not always publicly. Even as I still wonder sometimes where those straight paths are. 

Actually, a bit of a convoluted stretch seems to finally be showing signs of leading me somewhere. It was one of those times where I felt I was making some positive choices and changes, but some of the unexpected results seemed less than ideal. 

Already, I think one of the lessons I needed to learn from that experience was to not get impatient or distracted by short-term results. 

I know I'm grateful for this moment when things seem a little more clear and less stressed. It feels peaceful. I thank God for that. 

It brings to mind something from today's First 15 devotional, which kept referencing the green pastures and still waters of Psalm 23. God is with me. The Lord is my shepherd. He leads me, comforts me and provides for me. I lack for nothing. 

And some words from the additional scripture reading, which was James 1:

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment