Saturday, September 3, 2016

Small change

I plan. 
God smiles. 
Things seldom go according to my plans. 
I'm learning to smile anyway!!

I was reminded of that Friday, when many things were going right for me to get to work early, with the plan of not having to stay late. 

While I was on the treadmill, I read a devotional reminder from Scripture that God's plans are far superior to mine. The thought occurred to me it could still happen, and that my plans would go awry. But I didn't think so. 

I was headed to my car early as planned, but it would not start. The battery was about dead. But as is often the case, I had so much to be grateful for. We have a boat battery in the garage that I could use for a jump-start. 

The thing is, in the past, that disruption would have ruined my mood and likely my day. But that happens much less often now. And even when I needed a jump-start after work, as well, rather than be dismayed, I was grateful for jumper cables and a helpful co-worker. 

That's just one tiny example from many that add up to a positive change. 

That brings me to a couple of other things on my mind:

My biggest shame used to be a secret sin. Now, it's how inept I am at serving God by serving others. 

A little over a year ago, I had no idea how I would break free of the sin. And then it happened. God sent an unexpected rescuer -- and I could not be more grateful.
 
So, I have hope God also is at work in my current area of shame. 

I never stop praying, hoping and trying. Trusting. Giving thanks and praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment