Friday, September 30, 2016

What's that sound?

As I close the page on September, 
I find myself trying to remember...
So many highlights of 34 years ...
As the end of an era draws oh-so near .....

(Sweet music of life: To hear it! To share it!)

I posted that on Facebook as I was getting ready to leave the office today, Friday, Sept. 30. 

My termination date is Oct. 14. I'm down to the final two weeks. And the music of life is growing louder and louder, although the melody is far from clear. 

My mom commented that there are probably a lot of memories over 34 years. 
 
To which I responded: Yes, Mom. At least there should be. But my memory itself is faulty, which makes it tricky. Then when you add in my sentimentality, it gets even trickier!! 

It will be an interesting two weeks. 

I am grateful for the music of life that continues to accompany my days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment