Friday, August 18, 2017

A better approach?


I'm always looking for answers. But it seems I typically fail to start by stopping long enough to figure out what the questions are. Or, when I find what seem to be answers, I move on to another question rather than embrace the answer.

Most recently: In trying to figure out why I continue to struggle with writing, I determined that I'm more of an information gatherer and sharer than a story teller.

Seems story tellers get more love and respect than information sharers. 

Story telling doesn't seem to be my calling. 

I need to stay focused on what I'm called to do and be OK with -- embrace and even rejoice in -- that.

I wrote that the morning of Aug. 9, a Wednesday.
But three days later, I had proved my opening statement, concluding that I'm not a very good information sharer, either.
That's when I realized again I still need to do what's hardest for me: SLOW DOWN! LET GO AND LET GOD!!! TRUST GOD!!!
I need to SLOW DOWN!! -- talk less, listen more, experience, observe and feel more.  

Experience more, express less??? At least for a while??

The next day, Sunday, came another insight: I don't have to know how it's going to work out. (But I keep thinking I do have to know, whether it be the story I was struggling with or how best to help my mom when I visited her. LET GO AND LET GOD!!! TRUST GOD!!!)

The approach I decided to take was to go ahead and work some more on the story if the opportunity arose, but to avoid thinking about it over and over in my head, trying to figure it out, when I wasn't working on it. Instead, let go and trust God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment