Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Social dilemma

I've lived in the same town for 27 years. Why is it I still don't feel comfortable asking anyone to go places with me? Of course that's a rhetorical question. I know the answer is fear of rejection. I think it's based on experiences of being turned down, but it's also possible the fear has kept me from ever asking anyone.

So tonight I posted a general plea to my FaceBook friends, asking whether anyone would like to attend a big event with me this weekend. I'll even pay for their ticket! How desperate that must sound! I think it's actually progress for me, but as with so many things, I'm not sure. Time will tell.

An interesting related factor: My husband is NOT interested in attending this event, but he's very supportive of me going and having a good time. I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment