Tuesday, January 19, 2010

That time again

Here it is again: The seventh day. Time to publish. Unfortunately, there's another traffic jam on my creative expressway.

The week included experiences and observations that seemed worth sharing or commenting on, but when I sit down to write, the words are not there.

I think it's just a matter of time and balance and patience before the words do start flowing again.

For now, I'm grateful for continued progress at work (starting to edit some on the Web, not letting little things get me down), in relationships (doing more things with spouse, asking a friend to sing a duet with me at a church talent show), in commitments (daily Bible reading and stewardship study reading), in following through, in having fun (going to movies and basketball games) and in taking worthwhile risks.

And I'm continuing to pray for wisdom and ability to know and do God's will, one moment at a time, in all things, to His glory. That may sound trite, or it may sound cliche or it may sound too general to be of value as a prayer, but it's been my prayer for longer than I can remember now, and I see it answered many times each day. And I'm continuing to thank Him daily for His mercy, love and grace that covers my shortcomings and makes life a blessing and a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment