Saturday, February 6, 2010

Running against the wind in winter

I have a self-imposed deadline to update this blog today. I'm starting out with no idea what to write. Maybe something will come as I type. That's still the best I can do, most of the time.

This has been another very different and interesting week. I was summoned for jury duty and was selected for a felony trial. I weathered concerns about the weather. I got a schedule change at work toward which my initial reaction was extremely negative. It seems like these experiences would make it easy to find something to write about. But for me, more to choose from often makes it harder to decide and focus.

I think the thing I'm most aware of is that I know I'm making incredible progress in some areas of my life, but it doesn't even seem to make a dent in the overall "to do" list. I know I'm facing and dealing with things -- emotionally and physically (in the sense of taking action) -- that for most of my life I tried to ignore or avoid. While taking care of emotional or personal physical needs doesn't get the house cleaned, medical reimbursement filed or letters written, maybe it does continue building a foundation that will help me do those things without so much procrastination.

I'm gonna "publish" now just to get it done -- to meet the deadline. But ideally I will be back sometime soon to try to discover the point of this and some of my previous postings. That's the best I can do for now. I need to get on with a day full of opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment