Thursday, November 22, 2018

Always Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving!

My words are inadequate to express how thankful I am for God’s blessings in my life. 

So I’m not even going to try. 

That won’t stop me from trying to express something. 

At my husband’s sister’s house for dessert after being with some of my family at a free community dinner hosted by Mom’s church during the lunch hour, I remembered I had intended to pray over my Thanksgiving dinner if we did not arrive in time for the overall blessing. But I forgot. 

So I composed a belated prayer that I posted on Facebook: Lord God, I am thankful to You, Who I affirm as the source of all goodness in the world and in my life. I thank God for the blessings in my life and in the lives of my loved ones. I pray that we may all be ever mindful of the opportunities God gives us to be His hands and feet on Earth, to show our love for Him by showing love, kindness, compassion and help to others, to God’s glory. Amen.

My husband and I thought we would just be having dessert with his sister and her son, but due to a miscommunication, we ended up sharing a second meal. This time the blessing came first. 

I won’t try to list all of the things for which I am grateful. Family, friends and faith are certainly on the top of the list. As are God’s mercy, love and grace. 

May I never take God’s goodness for granted as I grow in my ability to see blessings and express gratitude in all circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment