Thursday, November 8, 2018

Oops! I did it again!

There's nothing quite like that feeling when, THREE HOURS after you get home from buying groceries at Walmart, you realize you can't find your purse anywhere in your house or your car. 

After last week's adventure with the lost ring, I had vowed to slow down and pay more attention. Could I really have just walked off and left my handbag at the checkout stand or in the cart in the parking lot? I guess old habits die hard. 

As much as I hated to, I looked up the telephone number and called my local Walmart. As I waited through the ringing and the recorded message, I prayed for calmness and grace and wisdom to know what to do next, preparing for the possibility that no one had found it and turned it in. 

The customer service manager asked me to give my name and identify my bag. He said it had been turned in several hours earlier. I said that sounded right; I had finished shopping a little after 7. 

Despite how frustrated I am with myself for being careless, I am extremely grateful for honest people who find things and turn them in. 

This isn't the first time I've discovered after getting home that I left my purse in a Walmart parking lot, and both times it was turned in immediately, intact. 

Thank you to whomever turned it in and to the Walmart CSMs for locking it up until I could retrieve it. 

And I thank God for His mercy, love, grace, presence, protection and guidance that would have been with me whatever the fate of the handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment