Friday, November 30, 2018

Worth the effort

There was definitely no November novel for me.

I already wrote about giving up on that little idea before the first week of the month had ended. It still seems fitting to refer to it now.

My lesson for November is that it's OK to try something to find out it's not right for me. The idea of writing 500 words a day in November with a goal of completing a rough draft of a novel didn't really seem like something feasible for me. I'm still glad I gave it that half-hearted shot inspired by a friend's suggestion.

I'm actually glad I was able to let go of that idea so early. Even though I didn't have a goal to replace it, I knew that with Thanksgiving on the way, I would want to focus on gratitude.

Much of my inspirational and devotional reading for the month reinforced that focus on gratitude, and giving thanks and praise in all circumstances. I've tried to complain less and praise more. If I couldn't say something positive, I tried to keep my mouth closed, praying silently for acceptance and guidance. I think I made some progress. My spirit seems lighter and brighter as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment