Saturday, April 18, 2020

April 19, 1995

Seeing a friend's memories of three four people who perished in the April 19, 1995, bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building sent me searching archives I had avoided until now.

I didn't yet find the names of Ashley Eckles, Luther and LaRue Treanor and the other person.

But I was stunned to see that I had written four stories on my own and contributed in major ways to two others in the newspaper coverage of the horrific tragedy.

I cannot even imagine the person I was to have been able to get that done.

I'm grateful for all the people who can still do what it takes to cover the tragedies as well as the triumphs of life.

And I pray to God that He continue to bless those who were forever changed that fateful day. May we never forget.

And yes, this is a placeholder .....


No comments:

Post a Comment