Sunday, April 5, 2020

Palm Sunday confession


I was humbled and blessed and grateful beyond measure (or words to express) to get to help lead Palm Sunday online worship as part of the Celebration Choir Social DistanSing Quartet singing "Hosanna! Blessed is He Who comes in the name of the Lord" at Goodrich United Methodist Church. 

I feel certain every member of our choir and church misses being able to be in our sanctuary and join our voices and hearts in worship and praise and prayer and service. I am grateful for the faithful, skilled and enthusiastic leadership of Pastor Desi Sharp Brumit and others during this time. 

And believe it or not, I felt very connected to and grateful for those who were worshiping online at home. Somehow, being there with the small group made me miss everyone even more. 

As I write this, I must confess it didn’t make me feel closer to God this morning. Wow. As I realize that, I confess it to God. Do I love worship more than I love Jesus? Do I love singing about Jesus more than I love Jesus?

I've been praying this week to be filled by the Holy Spirit. I've been trying to lift up my shortcomings each day, to express my need of the Holy Spirit, to ask to be filled and to surrender my will for God's Spirit. And this is where I ended up today.

And so I begin the week that leads from Palm Sunday through Holy Week to Good Friday .... 
Convicted.

As Pastor Desi asked in her sermon: Who is Jesus to me?

He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my Hope, My light, My Salvation. He is Love incarnate. 

I know this. I believe this. I don't always feel it and act like it.

Come, Holy Spirit. Draw me near to Christ in His Passion that I may be transformed by His loving sacrifice into who and for what God would have me be and do.


No comments:

Post a Comment