Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Lent Photo Challenge Day 1: #Covenant

I signed on to the RethinkChurch Lent 2021 photo-a-day challenge. The pastor and several members of my church did the photo-a-day challenge for Advent and decided to do it again for Lent.

I can already tell it will be as challenging during Lent as it was during Advent. And so I can hope and believe it also will be as rewarding.

I started the Advent challenge with not only a picture, but quite a few words of explanation. 

For today, I didn't post extra words on social media but did post three pictures instead of just one. 

Part of the experience for me during Advent was to also include the pictures on my blog, often with "the rest of the story." Time will tell, starting tomorrow, whether this season's blog posts will be "the story" or "the rest of the story."

The story today is that three people in our group posted their photos before I did, and each one was so much better than anything I could think of. 

"I wish I had thought of that!" 

But I didn't want to copy what they did. 

So I posted something that, to me, seemed lame (my go-to word for my estimation of my results on this challenge). 

The pictures are fine: images representing Ash Wednesday and Lent. 

But what does that have to do with "covenant"? 

If God taught me anything through the discipline of the Advent challenge, it's that I will find out!

Let the learning begin! 

(Already, I'm sure at least part of it is that I can trust God. He keeps His promises.)

Thank you, God, 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment