Sunday, February 28, 2021

So much for finishing well

February was full of ups and downs. As usual, the last day of this short month snuck up on me. I feel like I have a ton of unfinished business. 

It’s odd how knowing that tomorrow is the start of a new month makes it harder for me to blow off today’s Lent photo challenge. The word, as it is each Sunday during Lent, is #celebrate. Last week, I was excited to see that #celebrate would be the Sunday word each week. Tonight, the images I think of posting don’t seem spiritual enough. That’s a pretty sure sign I’m not trusting God. 

I went through a version of this yesterday, which my picture for #rise was a puzzle I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. to finish, making it hard to get up the next morning. 

That was along a string of photo posts that “seem” too light-hearted.

As I’ve said, when I don’t think things are “right” or “good enough,” it’s a sign I’m not trusting God. I prayed. Now I need to trust. 

I need to trust God with all my loose ends, unfulfilled intentions and uncharted plans. And now my phone is acting weird, so I’m gonna post this as-is. Maybe I can come back in to edit it. Or not. 

Maybe I’ll fix it when I log on to my computer tomorrow. I’m done with this for now. 

Thank You, God, for mercy, love and grace that reminds me even this is OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment