Saturday, February 13, 2021

Sunshine & service

Yesterday, I was freaking out about the forecast & dire predictions. I know God hears my prayers & is always with me, but I wasn’t feeling it & starting to feel pretty alone in dealing with this. I woke up to another cold day but the sunshine sure helped lift my spirit. I thanked God for the sunshine & some good news from my husband, then bundled up in my insulated fishing gear & delivered Lenten packets to a dozen or so families on my side of town. It was so good to be able to do something for others! #Godisgood #gratefultoGod #glorytoGod #prayandgivethanks


I received so many kind responses to this post on Instagram and Facebook. I composed a clarification, but maybe I’m not giving my friends enough credit. 

This is what I wrote but now think I won’t post: 

I hope and trust you all know I did not post this for praise. It’s more like a testimony to encourage me and others. It affirms what I know to be true but often resist doing: Helping others is key to helping oneself; it’s essential for my spiritual and mental health.  All glory to God! (And I do appreciate every sweet response!)

It doesn’t really make sense to me not to post it. It’s just a gut feeling that at this moment seems to be from God. 

Not unlike the gut feeling to pick up those Lenten bags on Thursday, which I found myself questioning why on Friday as the snow kept falling. Today God showed me why. 

May I continue to trust God!

(And now, after revising the second post, I may go ahead and post it. Or maybe I’ll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment