Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Photo challenges

This Lenten photo challenge is really causing me to struggle. Overall, so far,  I’m much less pleased with the images I’ve posted compared to those I posted during the Advent challenge. 

In December, even when I had doubts about the photos I selected to post, I invariably discovered the meaning not long afterward. The result was a sense of wonder at how God was showing me unexpected things. 

As of day 8 of the Lent challenge, I just now finally posted something for Day 7, when the word was #name. I have no idea what or when I will post for today’s word, #everlasting. 

For #name, I went with the illustration Renee did for my card on my last day at work in 2016. The idea I was striving for was connecting name to identity. The artwork includes kitties, a mustang convertible, a Texas A&M flag and a United Methodist cross & flame, among other images and symbols. 

I’m still overthinking some. I’m trying to find inspiration in my Bible reading, which I also am behind on. Even as I feel like I am struggling, I’m glad I haven’t given up. I still think God will be revealing something I need to know through this discipline. 

Last night, I think it was good for me to let the day end without posting. However, I did not like when after 10 tonight it seemed like I might go a second day without posting. I’m grateful an idea finally came that seemed worth posting. 

I also take heart in knowing some in our group haven’t posted at all or haven’t posted much. And some have posted images that truly amaze and inspire me. 

I’m getting to see what it feels like to just do what I can and move on. For tonight, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment