Friday, January 1, 2021

Grateful for another new day

 Despite my year-end and new year posts on social media, I’m again aware as Jan. 1 winds down that my best approach to life is one day at a time. 


Anything other than that triggers expectations and anxieties that add nothing positive to my life. 

I tend to forget this and start trying to wrap days, weeks, seasons, years, decades and eras into neat packages.

It never works. I get distracted by the packaging and miss the gifts of living in the moments. 

After many years of trying to live one day at a time, exactly how to do it is still a bit elusive to me.

I just know that when I cried out to God in prayer today, to help me know where to even begin this year, this is the answer that eventually came. 

It brings peace. It brings hope. It brings a sense of freedom. 

So I end this day being grateful today was just another new day with blessings and opportunities. It is enough. It is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment