Tuesday, January 5, 2021

So, When IS the 12th Day of Christmas?

Confession: The tree did not come down on Jan. 5. 

Even when I planned to put it away today, I was unsure how the 12 days of Christmas are counted. If you start with Christmas Day, the 12th day would have been today, Jan. 5. 

But isn't Epiphany supposed to coincide with the 12th day? And isn't Epiphany Jan. 6? 

Of course, does it really matter? And isn't this just me overthinking something simple again?

The bottom line is that the decorated and lighted Christmas tree is still bringing me joy.

Taking it down was not a priority today. I'm grateful I can enjoy its beauty and light until the time is right! I'm confident I'll know when that time arrives.

(Update: The tree came down Friday, Jan. 8. I finished mailing cards and delivering gifts Jan. 11. Now I just need to make sure I’ve thanked everyone. It was a good Christmas season, and I am grateful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment