Saturday, January 1, 2022

Anticipation & wonder

I seem happier when I find things to express & share on social media. For better or worse, it is true. So I was uplifted by posting photos of my blooming ziva paperwhites a few minutes ago. 

The post mentioned the anticipation & wonder of a new year or day or project — or a budding plant. 

I’ve tried to avoid having expectations this New Year’s Day. I’ve tried to keep my focus on God, to let Him lead & guide. Trusting Him to help me explore & find my way with new year plans & goals & hopes & dreams. I realize the social post may have been an answer to prayer (& also realize lack of a social post would have been an answer too). 

I’ve started several Bible reading plans & at least 2 journals today. Again, I’m trusting God to guide me as I explore & find my way. 

I just realized something else, that I’m surprised I didn’t go social with a post after braving the cold this afternoon to buy groceries. Some days, that would have been automatic. 

A couple of other strong awarenesses:

Gene & I didn’t make a Christmas or New Year’s picture. And it’s ok.

The transition from 2021 to 2022 seems incredibly mundane. More than once since yesterday, I was amazed at how much more exciting things seemed last year. And still, this year’s good news is this: It is OK.

Just for today, I truly believe I’ll know when it’s time to take photos, make decisions, post on social media. So I won’t have to spend time worrying or even wondering. I can reserve the wonder for the amazement & awe as anticipation gives way to new realities, opportunities, creations & experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment