Thursday, January 27, 2022

The time was right.

Tonight I tossed the Christmas plants. 

The amaryllis blooms were done. The paperwhites showed no evidence of any more blooms to come. 

I enjoyed the anticipation & wonder of the plants for a full month. I enjoyed taking pictures of their development & sharing them on social media. I had some good conversations with Gene about plants & fungus gnats & bulbs & roots & composting & letting go. 

Reading online that it’s acceptable to just enjoy the plants for a season & then toss them was helpful to me. I don’t know why I think I needed permission. I just did. 

I’m grateful for the experience of growing & enjoying. I’m also a bit relieved to have let them go. It was time.

I hope & pray to know when “it’s time” to let go of the next thing. 

(I realize that I also let go of something else today, realizing it was time. I let the choir director know Sunday is not a good time for me to sing a solo. Making the decision frees my mind to focus on other things. That was also a key reason it was time to let go of the plants — until I did, I would be occasionally thinking about then, wondering when & how I would.)



No comments:

Post a Comment