Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve reflection

Just be. Just accept. 

A simple prayer continues to help significantly. Breathe deeply. Focus on God. Pray. Trust God. Trust God with results. 

I can see it’s been another good day. 

And yes, by the end of yesterday and again today, I start to doubt. It doesn’t seem like I’ve done enough. 

Inhale. Pray. Exhale. Keep praying. 
Inhale. Trust God. 
Exhale. Keep trusting. 

It’s Christmas Eve. After the candlelight communion service in Gainesville, I was aware that I tend to think I’m supposed to feel a certain way during these kinds of services and this time of year. 

Inhale. Pray. Exhale. Keep praying. 
Inhale. Trust God. 
Exhale. Keep trusting. 

Now I realize it’s just another day. I’m a Christian every day. I am grateful for God’s gift of love through His son Jesus Christ every day. This is a fun and joyous time for many, including me. 

The reason I often end up disappointed or disillusioned is because I have this fantasy or expectation that there should be something more — and that I’m missing something. 

Today, I’m declaring the truth that, thanks to the love and care of God, I have everything I need and I am everything I need to be. 

And I am grateful. 

Merry Christmas!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment