Sunday, December 16, 2018

'Tis the season

One of the things that got me to thinking I might like to be in Gainesville instead of Norman on the Sunday my two favorite choirs were doing their Christmas cantatas was my interest in attending the Christmas concert of the Gainesville Swing Orchestra.

Since I did, in fact, sing with the Whaley United Methodist Church choir in Gainesville instead of the Goodrich UMC choir in Norman, I was glad it also worked out to go with family members to attend this fun and festive big band concert with my husband, my mom, and my sister, her husband, one of their daughters and two of her daughters.

This is shaping up to be a Christmas where Mom and her six children and a good portion of their families won't all be together at the same time.

Gatherings with the extended family, especially at Christmas, are some of my favorite times. It doesn't always work out, though, and this looks like one of those years.

I'm grateful for the moments that come along the way when various ones can get together to share Christmas love.

No comments:

Post a Comment