Sunday, December 2, 2018

The most wonderful time

The first Sunday of advent was a great day for worship and fellowship.

Sharing Holy Communion at the Lord’s Table during morning worship. In the evening, sharing a potluck meal with the church family before a service of scripture and carols as young and old adorned the sanctuary with festive yet symbolic decorations. 

Sharing hugs, smiles, laughter, prayers, songs and food. 

Love, service and grace. 

The heartwarming surprises of seeing people who had been ill and others who just don’t often make it to church. 

I am thankful for this church family with which I share the love of God.

It’s customary for me to doubt whether I’m spiritual enough. Today, I trust that God was present and glorified as His church came together to lift up each other as we celebrated Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment