Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Divine plan? Or just absent-minded me?

Maybe it wasn’t God’s overruling that caused me to wash my hair yesterday. Maybe it was just my crazy mind doing its thing. 

Either way, I see another glimpse of how things work for good in my life when I look for and trust God for blessings in however life unfolds. 

Maybe the unplanned shampoo was needed to trigger an impromptu blog post. Or perhaps still to be revealed is a more significant reason why it wasn’t a waste of time and shampoo on a day where it would have been fine not to have freshly washed hair. 

Of course, that brings to mind today’s Upper Room devotional reading, about how God looked at all parts of the tabernacle’s construction and quality — not just the ark and focus pieces but even the tent pegs. 

Might even a blog post that seemed insignificant to me have value to God?

Plus, the extra time it took to wash my hair and write a blog post yesterday forced me to turn to God in prayer more often during the day as I tried to keep up with an unrealistic (for me) to-do list. 

As usual, time will probably tell. And as usual, I can be grateful anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment