Saturday, December 8, 2018

If not joy, at least gratitude

Joy is my desire. Joy in the Lord.

If I'm not feeling it tonight, is that a pretty good indication I let other things distract me from my primary relationship with God? I'd say that's the case.

Even when I fall short of whatever it takes for me to feel joy, I can still feel grateful. I can count my blessings.

I heard a friend say today that when she's feeling sorry for herself or struggling with character weaknesses, she makes a gratitude list. She lists 150 things for which she's grateful. I cannot even imagine doing that.

I'm grateful for everything. How can I single out individual things? Where would I start? Which things would I include?

For tonight, I'm grateful I can be grateful without making a list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment