Thursday, December 13, 2018

In all things, seek and trust God

Another day is not going how I thought it would need to. I’m grateful to be able to pray and read and meditate and trust in God. I was praying before it started to go what seemed awry to me, so I will continue to trust God is in charge. Either this is the best way, or He’s willing to let me learn from my detour. Right now, to my great surprise, it’s looking more like the former. 

I stayed in bed from 8 to 9 am, reading Upper Room and P31 online devotional and then on a search for info about United Methodists and predestination, sidetracked by a Wikipedia donation and survey, and followed by a text response to my sister. 

That wasn’t how I expected the morning to unfold on a day when I have so much I want to do, including three social engagements. I had earlier prayed the Lord’s prayer. I slept well and feel better this morning that I did last night, when I feared I might have a cold coming on. I continue to seek God’s guidance and trust that He is leading and equipping me this day. I am grateful and hopeful. 

Then I got on the treadmill, which is where I started writing and turned to 12-step reading. 

OA and AA books were excellent, as always. 
For Today: I am grateful for the amazing grace that brings about “profound inner change; dissolving the opinions and attitudes that kept (me) chained to compulsion.”
Voices Of Recovery: Timely reminders as I may go to 2 gatherings where food is a big deal today. “I know I can recoil from it and rest in the arms of God.”
24 Hours A Day: “We can believe that many details of our lives are planned by God and planned with a wealth of forgiving love for mistakes we have made.”
“I pray that I may be shown the right way to live today.”

Thinking more about how the morning went, and what seemed like untimely distractions about predestination and then the Wikipedia donation and survey: God seems to be showing me this week that I can trust Him even when it seems like I’m straying from the plan I thought I had lifted up to him. But had I? Looking back, I see my plan/goal for the day:
Dec. 13
>> Goal (to do, lifting up to God, seek, trust, obey, thank, praise): in all things, seek and trust God  

And even if I lifted specific details up to Him, doesn’t that mean He can do with it as He sees fit, just as I say I want Him to do with me? Why, yes, that would seem to be true.

I’m smiling now. Thank You, God, for a way of living that leads me to You and Your best for me, which I trust is my best for me as well, even if it may not seem that way at any given moment. 

I’m praying that I continue to accept God’s love and presence and trust Him with my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment