Sunday, December 13, 2020

#Carry — What a privilege and blessing

There’s quite a bit more to this story. Maybe it will be revealed in an end-of-Advent post!

Advent photo challenge Day 14: #Carry. This wasn’t going to be my Advent challenge post for the day, then it was, then it wasn’t, now it is! 
Sometimes I let my overthinking #carry me away! I’m grateful for the friend I have in Jesus, and how privileged I am to be able to #carry all my joys, concerns, questions and gratitude to Him in prayer. To know that when I look back on my life and see one set of footprints in the sand instead of two, it’s because He is #carrying me. Today was one of many days He let Gene help #carry me, and I am grateful. The cute little snowman also helped carry away some despair. 

#rethinkchurch #GoodrichAdvent2020 #umcRethinkChurch  #unitedmethodistchurch #ComfortsofChristmas2020 

The rest of the story includes being recorded today, Dec. 13, singing my solo for a Christmas Eve program. It was an act of faith to sing it and trust the recorder and others who said it was fine. I didn’t insist on viewing and possibly asking for a do-over. Now I will have a sense of nervous anticipation until I see it, not unlike what I experience when I sing live for an audience. 

In the meantime, I can carry this to God in prayer, asking him to help me keep my focus on Him and replace my anxiousness with His peace. 

The rest of the story also includes some strange thing happening with a file where I keep daily notes. Last night, words started disappearing from the file. My attempts to save them were futile. I’m not sure why it happened. It triggered a range of emotions, many of them negative, about how I see myself: disorganized; inefficient; not good at remembering; unsure of what’s important. 

I’m grateful beyond words for the power of prayer and the support of my husband to carry me through one of these strange and wonderful days that included snow, omelets, worship, singing, pictures, a call to my Mom and watching “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

May I continue to turn to prayer and acting in faith to carry me above nagging negative thoughts. With God, all things are possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment