Friday, December 11, 2020

Grateful for the challenge!

 Finally! One I feel good about! It makes me grateful I didn’t give up on the challenge. 

I came so close to giving up today. 

I had to remind myself it’s a challenge. No one said it would be easy. 

I kept thinking of seemingly unrelated blessings I’ve experienced in these days, and it now seems quite possible they are not unrelated. 

One day at a time. Listen to God’s voice. The voice of truth. The voice of Emmanuel, forever and ever. 


Advent photo challenge Day 12: #Voice. So many things came to mind, starting with God speaking to Moses from a burning bush; to Elijah hearing God’s still soft voice; to the voice in the wilderness proclaiming the coming of the Savior. Oh, and one of my favorite songs, Casting Crowns’ “Voice of Truth,” which tells me to listen to the truth of the Bible and not the lies of the world. Ultimately, I had to make it personal. How am I using my voice to share the love of God and the joy of Christmas? I made a screen shot of my video recording for a virtual Christmas choir. And immediately, God gave me the gift of a TV Christmas special featuring more of my favorite voices: the women of Point of Grace with Michael W. Smith. 
#rethinkchurch #GoodrichAdvent2020 #umcRethinkChurch  #unitedmethodistchurch #ComfortsofChristmas2020



No comments:

Post a Comment