Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve: #Word

Christmas Eve. This year was different and the same. I am grateful for precious, quiet moments of sharing and remembering with my husband in Norman before we headed to Texas. More precious  (and less quiet) moments followed in Texas, spent safely, I hope and pray, celebrating God’s gift of His Son, born as a human baby Who would be our Savior and Redeemer. 

Different is because of COVID and social distancing and masks and uncertainty. The same because Gene & I still came to Texas and attended a Christmas Eve service and spent time with family, wearing masks and being cautious in public gatherings including church. 

The same because I still don’t know how to express all that’s in my heart at this time. Perhaps more gratitude than joy. I think that’s OK. Maybe it is joy and I’m expecting it to feel like something else — happiness, perhaps, or satisfaction, contentment or completeness.

One way I share joy is through song, and as often happens, song opportunities stirred some confusion for me. I get to continue to ask God for forgiveness regarding some of my choices and reactions. I am grateful to receive His grace. 

And where does social media fit in?    

Another area of sameness is awareness of my self-focus and greed. And then I top that with the thought (second-guessing again!) that even writing about this is self-focused. 

Lord! Please help me! And thank You, because I know You are! 

Advent photo challenge Day 25: #Word. 

Will I depict a celebration of the #Word made flesh, to dwell among us? Or will I depict a #word (family) that is so important to me, which will take several pictures and still not include everyone, especially since it includes not only my mother, husband, sisters, brother and the extended loved ones, but also my church families? These images and a video capture a bit of both. 

#rethinkchurch #GoodrichAdvent2020 #umcRethinkChurch #unitedmethodistchurch #ComfortsofChristmas2020


No comments:

Post a Comment