Wednesday, December 23, 2020

#Moving along

Advent photo challenge Day 24: #Moving. 

This may be the hardest yet for me. It’s been in the back of my mind since morning, and at 9:45 p.m. I still had no strong image. Among the concepts that came to mind were some of the amazing, emotionally #moving, soul-stirring geothermal features we saw at Yellowstone National Park in the fall. But I had my doubts the movement would translate to a photo. Then there was the movement of the leaves in today’s gusty winds. And throughout the day has been the awareness of God’s spirit #moving in and around me, in people, in music, in nature. But how do I show that in a picture? Since it’s time for me to be #moving on to the next part of my day (bedtime), I need to quit thinking and start posting! The Yellowstone image I decided on is not the one I originally thought of but is without a doubt #moving (confirmed by the video). 


#rethinkchurch #GoodrichAdvent2020 #umcRethinkChurch #unitedmethodistchurch #ComfortsofChristmas2020

The rest of this story is what I also composed but deleted, perhaps to be used tomorrow:


I thought this challenge would get easier as we got closer to Christmas, but no, the words became less obvious. (Tomorrow’s word is Word. I already know people will say that should be simple. Tell it to my brain!!) 

And then, after I selected the photo and video and posted them, it didn’t seem so hard. 

One of the things for which I’m most grateful is the new (for me) experience of not too badly second-guessing myself after I’ve posted. Knowing I can share more thoughts on the blog or in comments helps. And, unlike what I thought would happen, I don’t think I’ve ever come up with a clearly better idea after I posted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment