Monday, December 21, 2020

#given and received

This one was unexpected. 

Advent photo challenge Day 22. #Given.

I was #given this coin by a woman walking in my neighborhood today. Its message should be a #given, as in an established fact in my life. Yet it never hurts to be reminded, especially #given the delightful distractions of the Christmas season. 

#rethinkchurch #GoodrichAdvent2020 #umcRethinkChurch #unitedmethodistchurch #ComfortsofChristmas2020

The rest of the story ... 

I wasn’t going to walk. I got the mail and as I was getting the trash bin to pull from the curb to the house, a woman walking by said she found that coin and wanted to give it to me. 

As it turns out, she didn’t find it but is going around giving them to people. Doesn’t matter. What I was given was a message always worth remembering. It’s not about me. It’s about Him. 

Earlier, my main thought regarding the Advent word of the day was this: 

From those to whom much has been given, much is expected. 

And evidence that:
I have been given the Holy Spirit. 

“Given” also is used to refer to a certainty, a known fact. 
A known or established fact or situation. 

I’ll be interested in seeing what others post. I haven’t had a chance to look today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment