Monday, December 7, 2020

Tender moments

Advent photo challenge Day 8: #Tenderly. #rethinkchurch #GoodrichAdvent2020 #umcRethinkChurch  #unitedmethodistchurch #ComfortsofChristmas2020

This one needs a blog post with #therestofthestoty!

The nativity set represents tenderly because that’s how I think of the moment just days before he died that my Daddy told me he wanted to have “the little animals” in the hall. I really did not know what he meant. Then I saw the box with the jade nativity set. It’s now a treasured memory and keepsake. 

Tenderly also describes how I have to treat my emotions and efforts during this time of year. It’s so easy for me to become overwhelmed. Softly and tenderly God reminds me to trust in Him and to be gentle, kind and loving to myself and to others. 

Tenderly. With gentleness, kindness and affection. Loving kindness. Tender loving care.

In one of my Bible reading plans today, as I prayed, meditated and contemplated regarding the Advent challenge word Tenderly, I wrote: 

Nothing is coming on this one tonight. I thought God might give me my connection to Tenderly, the Advent word of the day. The lesson (reflecting on the song “Lo How a Rose E’er Blooming”) uses “tender” twice. But I don’t think that’s my image. Or is it? A rose? A Christmas rose? Or is it something with the tree or the nativity set and tender memories and tender handling of present moments? I trust God to guide me. 

Of course, the nativity scene is also a reminder of how tenderly God came to earth in the form of a baby, Who would grow up to die on a cross so that those who believe in Him can be saved from our sins and have everlasting life with God our Father.

I humbly bow down in sacred awe in light of His mercy, love and grace.   

Also include Embraced, a devotional with essays from Lysa TerKeurst that draws on Scripture to tenderly show me who and how I am and what to do about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment