Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Comforting images

It’s kinda funny that after today’s great Advent discussion session at noon, during which I heard great ideas and creative approaches to the photo challenge, I’ve gone even more literal than usual. 

Advent photo challenge Day 17: #Comfort. 

#rethinkchurch #GoodrichAdvent2020 #umcRethinkChurch #unitedmethodistchurch #ComfortsofChristmas2020

The session helped affirm many of the lessons and blessings that have come from this challenge. 

There’s the blessing of the discipline. Just doing it. 

There’s the blessing of being surprised by what God has in store. And what He reveals. 

There’s the blessing of learning (and accepting) there’s no right or wrong way to do this.

There’s the blessing of appreciating and supporting the various approaches.  

I’ve prayed each day as I contemplate the key word. And I’ve had fun. At first, the fun was a result of having to laugh at myself for making it so hard. Now, most days the fun comes along the way as I consider various photo options. 

As usual, today’s image is not what I would have expected. “O tidings of comfort and joy” from “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” and “Comfort ye my people” from Scripture were the words that came to mind. 

But the image kept being this stuffed kitty my sister gave me when I was in the hospital for emergency surgery and nearly a week of recovery in January 2016. Also coming to mind were the plants we have received to provide comfort in times of sorrow. And the cross just ties it all together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment